Saturday, February 6, 2010

This time it was ME!!

So after months of planning, conniving, and scheming I have finally done it. The moment we have all been waiting for....I cooked my Boeuf Bourguignon!! Julia Child's style.

Now before anyone begins to be threatened by me, stop. No need to be. This might not happen again in the near future. This was not an easy recipe and had many hiccups to boot. For one, who knew a non-drinker of wine would have such a problem picking up one bottle. The store that I frequent had a massive wine sale, so one would think this would be easy. NO! Apparently no drinks Bordeaux in New Jersey. What is that about? So after many turns and even visiting the wine cellar, I found a Cotes de Rhone red. I was ready to go.

Saturday was a stay at home day, which is why this happened. (I'm not kidding, I think I was in the kitchen for over four hours!) But I did it, and now having bragging rights to a beef stew that was was simply put; WOW! Served with potatoes and peas...as seen...we had a meal of the gods. Or at least how the French think. Or is it they think they are the gods? anyway, it was great! I am learning in the kitchen and seeing that food is my friend and not something to be afraid of.

And just to make this clear, no I am not going to place this on the menu for Christmas '10. Dream on, I want to see Florida not the kitchen! (remember four hours?) So thank you for your interest and your support! But Julie has got nothing on me!!!

B

3 comments:

Flying Cloud said...

Finally got around to reading this. WOW!!! I'm impressed. So sometime in the future when you have 4 hours to spare....Let me know some of your secrets.

Adi said...

Ok I would like to request that you take a day off of school, come done and cook this for me so that when I come home from work...my woman has food on the table! jk. Looks yummy! Great job!

Critchlow said...

uhhh, 80 I am so disturbed by your comment... I am without words...how is it you managed to get an incestious lesbian relationship all in one comment?!

So grossed out!!!