Sunday, April 25, 2010






Well now the week is over and I can finally breath. Safely this time. Someone at work said it the best, when it rains it pours. But I would like to point out that Noah had a warning before. Where was mine? Let us review this week:

Monday was actually rather staid, just another school day. (Thus the shock of the remaining week)

Tuesday was went it started going down. Driving on Rt 78 I punched my car to merge with traffic with no results. With great effort I was able to go to work by travelling 55 with high RPMs. Now I know that I'm a girl and really am not educated in cars, but even I knew I lost my transmission. Let me point out I had just had done some major work on this car, I did not need this. After school I couldn't even go 25 mph. Called the Tow truck to take me to my mechanic.

I think Amy said it the best, this would be a good reason to live by family. She was my lifesaver and so was Harland just for helping so much

Wednesday was the debate day. Pay for transmission? or go in debt and buy a new car. Hero for the day goes to Dad, the advice and just talking to me, really helped me. Amy then drove me to pick up Mom and Dad's car that they so graciously lent me as my car is being fixed. Guess which choice I made?

Thursday got to school and went in to get a tag for the car, when I got back there was a parking ticket on the windshield. And the meter maid (who has a reputation already) just standing there. She also gave a cop a ticket on his personal car. Now I have a court day to fight this. UHGGGG!!!
Later that night I had Riding Lessons. One hour that I could just escape all this and enjoy. Until almost the end, my horse decided to play me. Instead of going straight, she threw her shoulder down and turned. During a canter (faster than you want to go when they trick you) I almost went over her shoulder. But I caught myself and saved myself. Until later when I looked down and saw one of nails folded back and bleeding.

Friday It looked like had gone through the worst and was happy that things were looking up. I spoke to soon. Apparently I forgot about the weekend. That night I was hanging a picture up and dropped the hammer. Not on me, but it bounce back and the prong punctured my leg. Thankfully not hospital visit.....

Saturday I had a Stake meeting, we had cans that we were using for something, drying one....yep cut myself. And good. Might have go get that Tetanus shot after all. I think the Searle curse or some moon phase or something was going on.

After all this, here is expectation of next week, I meet the man of my dreams and he is hot and rich! And before I forget, this all happened during grade week when all grades for 3rd MP are to be in. Already stressful then add all this.

Thank you for all your prayers and your endless help. I needed them and still do, I'm scared to think what would happen if I didn't.

3 comments:

David said...

I am trying to imagine and situation I would comfortable with you along, .... no not the Titanic; no, not TWA 800, no, not a demolition derby. Well, sounds like a lot of good luck. Remember when things are great, when you are just ready to feel guilty that they are so good, when you acknowledge to yourself you really don't deserve it, pull this memory out and relax.

my rebel took over said...

I didn't know about some of your end of week trauma! I think the word for your week would be deluge.

Is your car done like it was supposed to be today?

Critchlow said...

It comes in cycles. I've had the same conversation with Court- if it goes good you know the bad is coming.

New car?? You should see my Honda's dashboard- it is like a christmas light presentation! Every light is on, except the oil light. Brake, Engine, Trans, everything.

I would like to note that thanks to parents who lovingly got me a hydrolic lift for the car I do my own oil changes- note that light isn't on.

I'm sorry you had to go through Hade's home this week. If anyone is tough skinned enough it is you.